Please be aware this information may change.
Once finalised we'll indicate as such here.
Format of competition
Men: 1 x Under 73kg; 1 x Under 81; 1 x Under 90kg; 1 x Over 90kg.
Women: 1 x Under 63kg; 1 x Over 63kg.
- This is a student event
- Universities are allowed to bring as many teams as they wish (entry fee is paid for each team/person), as well as reserve competitors
- Each team should correspond to an individual institution
- There is no grade restriction on this event (minimum or maximum)
- Reserves may fight in their weight category, or one above
- The competition will be fought under BJA modified version of IJF rules
- All players should wear a clean white judogi and teams should provide their own blue and white belts
- All contests will be 4 minutes duration for both men and women
- Players can fight one weight category above their normal category
- Players may only fight for the team they weighed in with, i.e. if team A is knocked out, the players from that team cannot then fight for team B
- Reserves may compete in the weight group they weighed in as, or one higher.
This is not a promotion (dan grade) point scoring competition for British players.
What will USIST cost to enter?
2019 fees TBC, watch this space...
In short, there is a team fee PLUS a fee per person attending (those in teams and those coming to party need to pay this).
All individuals pay the individual fee, team members, coaches, spectators, everyone.
So total payable = team fee + (number of people * individual fee)
- The registration must be completed once for each team
- When asked how many you are registering, include players, reserves and anyone else that needs to pay (accommodation / food / social).